Monday, January 19, 2009

Doctor Who Scarf Milestone

Today I finished the knitting of my Who Scarf!

... okay, did that sink in yet?  I'll give you some more time ...

So w00t!  The knitting on the Who Scarf is done!  It feels amazing to have knitted a 8-10ft long scarf (which will eventually be stretched and tasseled to be more like 13ft).  A major accomplishment, if I do say so myself.

Now, on to the finishing of the scarf.  I've already started dealing with the ends of the yarn from where I changed colors.  I've got to weave each of those strands into the main scarf.  And after that, I've got to get a bit more yarn and make tassels for both of the ends.  Then the final thing I'll do is actually block out the scarf so that it's stretched to its full length (a process which involves stretching, wetting, and letting it dry).  So if all goes well, I'll have a fully-functional Tom Baker Doctor Who Scarf within a week or two.

It's been a long time coming ... but it's totally going to be worth it.

No comments: